Youth Apprenticeship - Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Program (MATP)
Youth apprenticeship is good for business.
- Build your workforce. Youth apprenticeship trains workers in the specific skills needed by your company.
- Connect to the talent of the future. Youth apprenticeships are a great way to develop a pipeline of talented, high-skilled workers to help your business grow.
- Contribute to your bottom line. You will see a noticeable contribution to your bottom line through these highly productive and motivated employees.
- Make your workplace safer. A well-trained workforce may reduce worker compensation costs.
- Plan for employee succession. Youth apprenticeships help you successfully facilitate the transfer of knowledge from experienced employees to new recruits.
Youth apprenticeship is good for your career.
- Earn while you learn. Youth apprentices are paid a wage while they learn valuable job skills.
- Discover your dream job. Confirm that the industry you selected is a good fit for you, saving you time and money in pursuing costly higher education or technical training after high school.
- Get a head start. Youth apprentices have an advantage over other candidates when seeking employment after high school, because they develop valuable career skills and a professional network.
- Become more confident. Gain self-assurance by working independently under the tutelage of a mentor.
- Make new friends. Youth apprenticeship programs attract a diverse group of students.
- Youth Apprenticeship Brochure
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Youth Apprenticeship in the News and Press Releases
- Forms, Documents, and Reports
- Youth Apprenticeship Videos
- Youth Apprenticeship Advisory Council
For additional information, contact:
Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning
Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Program
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Room 209
Baltimore, MD 21201